Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Technologist
1 Year Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Technologist Program in the Greater Toronto Area
Pharmaceutical drugs need to work properly and predictably every time a patient takes them, so it makes sense that the industry is so highly regulated! That’s why pharmaceutical drug manufacturers need meticulous professionals like you to make sure that happens.
As a Quality Assurance Technician or Quality Control Technologist, you would make sure that pharmaceutical products are made correctly by following quality-assurance processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing results data during product development and manufacturing. Using a variety of techniques to ensure that the drugs meet strict safety guidelines and regulations would also be a part of your role.
The best way to see if Oxford College is the right fit for you is to come in and visit the school. You can tour our facilities, and meet with both students and instructors. Schedule a Tour Now or Get More Info.
Become Qualified in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Quality Control Technologist Work
The pharmaceutical industry is growing and evolving constantly. With your QAQC diploma gained exclusively through Oxford College, you’ll be at the forefront of this leading-edge environment. You’ll gain the specialized knowledge and practical skills necessary to work in the fields of pharmaceutical analysis, quality assurance, and regulatory affairs.
During the Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Technologist (QAQC) program, you’ll learn how to:
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, and physical and chemical separation techniques
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions of gas or liquid, reagents, and sample formulations
- Compile records and interpret experimental or analytical results
- Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products
- Assist in the development of chemical engineering processes, studies of chemical engineering procurement, construction, inspection and maintenance, and the development of standards, procedures, and health and safety measures
- Operate experimental chemical or petrochemical pilot plants
- Conduct or assist in air and water quality testing and assessments, environmental monitoring, protection activities, and the development of and compliance with standards
- Assist in the synthesis of small molecules for the purpose of creating drug candidates
- Assist in the design and fabrication of experimental apparatus
This program requires a minimum B.Sc. or Equivalent or a Diploma in Allied Health or Pharmaceuticals.
Is Career Training Right for You? Find Out! Take the Oxford College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Train on State-of-the-Art Facilities (Yes, Really!)
The term “state-of-the-art” gets thrown around a lot, but we really mean it! Our modern facilities are truly clinical-grade. Here, you’ll train on laboratory equipment, the same technology you’ll encounter when you enter the field. Learning in a professional environment on this machinery gives you the first-hand experience and confidence that you need to excel when you enter an actual workplace lab.
Countless Career Opportunities
Graduates are employed in the chemical, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical sectors. They are also employed by government departments including health, education, and utilities.
Upon completion of the program, you may find employment as:
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality and Compliance Specialist
- and more!
After your training, we won’t leave you hanging. Career Services is here to help you throughout your entire career training journey and afterwards, too. From organizing placements at prominent companies to helping you with your resume, cover letter, and interview tips, you’ll feel confident that you’re putting your best foot forward when it comes time for you to enter into the profession. What’s more, you can access our services after graduation if you need help with the employment hunt. Because when you become a student at Oxford College, you join the Oxford family for life!
Many people need extra financial assistance to attend school. At Oxford, we believe that finances should not be a barrier for anyone seeking higher education. That’s why we have many funding programs in place, including OSAP, Second Career, and private student loans, to name a few. We will also work with you to set up manageable monthly payment plans for you. Sit down with a financial aid advisor, and they’ll help to assess your situation and create a funding plan that works for you.
Is a Rewarding Career in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Quality Control Technologist Work Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Quality Control Technologist Work and exploring if this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-866-604-5739