Get the Skills to Become a Clinical Researcher
1 Year Clinical Research Program in the Greater Toronto Area
Do you want to make a major impact on healthcare? Could you see yourself maintaining the right testing environment that would allow for the development of new, potentially life-saving drugs? If so, you have the makings of a great Clinical Researcher.
As a Clinical Researcher, you would organize the collection, delivery, and storage of data taken during clinical trials. A key part of this role is overseeing large clinical trials, which is similar to managing big projects. Therefore, you must have strong project management skills. Attention to detail and data analysis is crucial! The approval of the drug hinges on you delivering uncompromised data to regulatory authorities. You must also be able to educate doctors and patients about the trial and present your findings via research papers, presentations, and reports.
Flexible Program Options
If you’re interested in starting a rewarding new career, but you can’t put your entire life on hold to pursue it, you’re in the right place. At Oxford College, we offer flexible class schedules including Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Weekend sessions. We also offer flexible learning options (Online, Hybrid and In-person) for many of our programs.
For more information about Oxford College’s flexible program options, inquire today!
Refer a Friend to
Do you know someone who is looking for a change in their life? Refer a friend to Oxford College to help propel their career! If your friend is interested in following in your footsteps, you could be eligible for a $500 reward.
The best way to see if Oxford College is the right fit for you is to come in and visit the school. You can tour our facilities, and meet with both students and instructors. Schedule a Tour Now or Get More Info.
1-Year Postgraduate Diploma | $76,960 median annual salary***
- Graduates hired by government departments and agencies, research institutes & hospitals
- Practical, hands-on training through Oxford’s fully-equipped Medical Lab
- Advance into Clinical Technology, Laboratory Science, Clinical Management and much more!
***https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/23070/ON visited on February 18, 2022. Salary source for clinical research associates in Ontario with lowest 10% earning $37,440 to the highest 10% of workers earning $114,795.
Become Qualified in Clinical Research
The Clinical Research postgraduate program at Oxford College prepares you for a range of exciting professional opportunities. You will develop the concepts, skills, and techniques necessary to succeed in the clinical research field.
As a Clinical Researcher, you will conduct research, produce reports, and administer healthcare policies and programs. Clinical Research professionals contribute to research studies that have major impacts on healthcare. You will learn the latest developments in the clinical research field and gain a competitive advantage in this dynamic industry.
During the Clinical Research postgraduate program, you’ll learn how to:
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analyzing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards, and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update, and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyze statistical information provided by private and public healthcare institutions and organizations, and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate healthcare programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media, or the general public
This program requires a minimum B.Sc. or Equivalent or a Diploma in Allied Health or Pharmaceuticals.
Is a Career in Clinical Research Right for You? Take the 'Oxford College Clinical Research Career Training Readiness' Quiz
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Clinical Research Career Training Readiness score now!
Never a Dull Day
This fascinating career never gets stale, because the circumstances of a trial are always changing. You may work for various departments, with different populations, parameters, and sites. Even within one clinical trial, you’ll get variety. That’s because clinical trials are carried out in phases at various locations and you’ll be involved in each stage of the trail.
Countless Career Opportunities
Graduates are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations, and international organizations.
Upon completion of the program, you may find employment as:
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Project Leader
- Medical Information Associate
- Clinical Data Management Associate
After your training, we won’t leave you hanging. Career Services is here to help you throughout your entire career training journey and afterwards, too. From organizing placements at prominent companies to helping you with your resume, cover letter, and interview tips, you’ll feel confident that you’re putting your best foot forward when it comes time for you to enter into the profession. What’s more, you can access our services after graduation if you need help with the employment hunt. Because when you become a student at Oxford College, you join the Oxford family for life!
Many people need extra financial assistance to attend school. At Oxford, we believe that finances should not be a barrier for anyone seeking higher education. That’s why we have many funding programs in place, including OSAP, Second Career, and private student loans, to name a few. We will also work with you to set up manageable monthly payment plans for you. Sit down with a financial aid advisor, and they’ll help to assess your situation and create a funding plan that works for you.
Is a Rewarding Career in Clinical Research Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about Clinical Research and exploring if this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 1-866-604-5739