Complete this program
in just 50 weeks!
Secure a job after the program and earn approximately $38,000 a year.
The Intra Oral Dental Assisting Level 1 & 2 program at Oxford College prepares students for a rewarding career in the oral healthcare industry. Students will benefit from our fully equipped dental laboratory and highly experienced instructors.
Intra-oral dental assistants help dentists, dental hygienists, and dental therapists during the examination and treatment of patients. These professionals also perform clerical functions. Our in-depth diploma program gives you the theoretical and practical experience needed to succeed as a dental assistant as part of a professional team.
learn how to:
- Prepare patients for dental examination and assist the dentist during the examination
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and restorations
- Educate patients on oral hygiene
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Schedule patient appointments and record dental procedures performed
- Order dental and office supplies
- Perform intra-oral duties such as removing sutures, taking and recording vital signs, applying desensitizing agents, topical anaesthetic, and anti-cariogenic agents; and applying and removing rubber dams
Is Career Training Right for You? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now >>
Graduates are employed by dental offices, community health centres, educational institutions, and clinics.
Upon completion of the program, graduates may find employment as:
- Intra-oral dental assistant
- Dental administrator
- Dental office assistant
- Preventative dental assistant
- Dental receptionist