Complete this program
in just 52 weeks!
The pharmaceutical sector is exploding, with demand for skilled labour never being higher. So much so that employers are coming straight to Oxford College’s program to recruit our graduates.
Oxford College’s intensive Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technologist program is specifically designed to bring you complete, hands-on training. Students will gain a comprehensive understanding of pharmaceutical drug development and manufacturing.
The only things you need are your Grade 12 high school diploma and your desire to grow in this ever-changing and exciting field of work.
learn how to:
- Operate electronic or computerized control panels from a central control room to monitor and optimize physical and chemical processes for several processing units
- Control processes start-up, shutdown, and troubleshooting
- Monitor outside process equipment
- Adjust equipment, valves, pumps, and controls, and process equipment
- Authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders
- Shut down, isolate, and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance
- Sample products, perform tests, record data, carry out statistical process control on process operations, and write production logs
- Develop operator procedures for normal operation, start-up, or shutdown of unit
- Participate in safety audits and programs, and provide emergency response when required
- Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
You may also be called upon to rotate between different processing units during shift cycles as well as train other workers and co-lead with supervisory responsibilities.
Graduates are employed in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, food, cosmetics, natural product, and nutraceutical industries.
Upon completion of the program, graduates may find employment as:
- Pharmaceutical production technician
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing technician
- Process validation technician
- Compounding technician